Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Occupy Anything Edition of the Education Buzz--Life's a Carnival

Welcome to the Occupy Anything  Edition of the Education Buzz--Life's a Carnival, an eclectic smattering of things buzzing about the EduSphere. 

Whether you are a 99 percenter, a 1 percenter or a 53 percenter,  I'm a 100 percent sure you will find something worth reading in this edition of the the carnival.

My personal favorite this time comes from 
Sarah Garb who has no problem with her unemployment rate in her classroom. She's got a job for everyone over at Dead Class Pets.

Darren from Right on the Left Coast looks at the racial achievement gap and says you won't fix it "until you're honest about what causes it."

Jane Goodwin is on a roll with her "Ten Things I Still Haven't Done Yet." See if her list over at Scheiss Weekly matches yours.

And while we're checking off lists, check out the to-do list over at Epic Adventures Are Often Uncomfortable.

And if you are in need of a little truth detector, check out our favorite science guy, Steve Spangler, and his "lie detector" experiment. Now we're having some kind of fun.

See why some people are flipping out over flipping. Check out what education guru Joanne Jacobs has to say on this new trend.

We're all had them. Two sections of the same class but with noticeably different children and results. Check out Mr. Teacher's classes over at Learn Me Good.

Tim over at Assorted Stuff points out that speedometers don't improve performance.

And, of course, if you didn't read my latest post, "Surviving Newspaper Deadline, Keeping Promises and Bootlegging," you can do so by going here.

Well that's it for this edition of the carnival, but that should be plenty to occupy your time.

**************
Join us here again on Wednesday, Oct. 26 for our next edition of the Education Buzz. Please submit your posts no later than Saturday, Oct. 22 by 5 p.m. CDT. Use this handy dandy form for your submissions.
 
If you would like to host a carnival, let me know by emailing me at mybellringers@gmail.com.  Also, don't forget to let me know if you find any broken links or problems with this edition of the Ed Buzz. 

As always…
“I’ve got this feeling that there’s something that I missed…”
–Snow Patrol

And, if I did, my apologies.

3 comments:

Darren said...

Thanks for including my post. Linked!

Clix said...

Aww, thanks, Richie! :D I got all warm and fuzzy when I saw you'd included me. :)

And it didn't even require alcohol! ;D

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

As always, you've done an excellent job with the Buzz! Thanks again for including me~~ you make me so happy!