Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The "I-can't-believe-we-finally-have-another-edition" of the Education Buzz: Life's a Carnival

The "I-can't-believe-we-finally-have-another-edition" of the Education Buzz: Life's a Carnival. Unbelievable because I've been swamped with a wide range of yearbook disasters that have required a gajillion hours squinting at a computer screen.

I'm surprised that I could see my way home much less actually read everyone's posts.

Now my vision may be a tad blurry, but education guru Joanne Jacobs  has a clear vision on The American Way to Self Control.

Pat over at Successful teachers offers up "Things That Should Kick The Bucket Before I do." There's some interesting things on that list. In fact, it made me think about what I would put on my list. I'd share my list with you, but I probably should just stash them in my "Things That Will Get You Fired" folder.

And speaking of things, Darren at Right on the Left Coast had a few interesting things happen before his school took a week off  for their  "President's Week."

If you've ever had kiddos manipulate you into writing part of their paper, check out Melete's post, "Loafers and Doofuses of the Scheming Kind." 

The Education Optimists gives us "Baking Bread Without the Yeast," but don't be fooled, this post has nothing to do with yummy bread but a lot to do with policies regarding teacher effectiveness.

While my vision remains a tad bit blurry, Jane Goodwin over at Scheiss Weekly has some sharp observations about Oscar night.

If you're a fan of science whiz Steve Spangler, then make sure you check out his appearance on the Ellen DeGeneres Show.

If you are into twitter, Sean gives us his list of the Top 10 twitter feeds for teachers and principals.

Emily over at A Word To The Educators provides strategies for struggling students. 

That's about it unless, of course, you haven't read my latest post,  "Early Release, Patience & Snipers."

*********************

This concludes our "I-can't-believe-we-finally-have-another-edition" of the Education Buzz: Life's a Carnival. Check back to see when the next edition will be posted. I'll have submission information and exactly date, but the plan is to have one in about two weeks. Hopefully, our handy, dandy form will be working by then.

9 comments:

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

Thank you for including me; you always do such a wonderful job with the Buzz. You give me so many useful and interesting links; I click every one of them every time!

loonyhiker said...

Thanks for another wonderful carnival and for including me!! I appreciate all your hard work!

Jim said...

I tried reading "Loafers and Doofuses of the Scheming Kind" but it doesn't seem to work? The link might be incorrectly mate.

Furthermore I enjoyed the post by Emily. I showed it to a friend who is a primary school teacher, and he said that motivating kids to read is one of the tougher things he has to overcome. Nice compilation!

askthehomediva said...

Jim,
Thanks for checking out the carnival and for letting me know about the broken link. I have fixed the link, and it will now take you to read "Loafers and doofuses of the Scheming Kind."

Get GED Online said...

Your Blog is Fabulous. Good article rather. Very interesting.
I admire the valuable information you offered in your article. Excellent submission very good post.

Atlanta Teambuilding said...

Thanks so much for including my post on twitter feeds for principals! Really happy to have found your site as well...

Joni said...

I found your blog recently and LOVE it! Thanks for taking the time to maintain it. Keep your spirits up as it seems you are having a rough year. I, too, am having one of "those" years. Maybe it's the lunar cycle as so many teachers are having difficulties? (smiles)

Get GED Online said...

This blog is nice and amazing. I really like your post! It's also nice to see someone who does a lot of research and has a great knack for writing, which is pretty rare from bloggers these days.
Thanks!

Victoria Westcott said...

So excited to find this post as I used to always read the Carnival of Education blogs but dropped off for a while. Happy to see it's evolved & still rocking. Please let us know when the next one is so I can submit something. THANKS!